Tuesday, February 25, 2003

The continuing story of the ongoing saga of my illness! Now that I have laryngitis the nurse told me to contact them if I feel like I'm getting sick again. Well, today, I started feeling a bit fevery, my glands right under my jawline felt swollen, and my throat started feeling a bit sore. So I called the nurse and she scheduled me for an appointment for tomorrow morning at 10:15. She thinks I may be on my way to strep and she wants to head it off right away. Sounds good to me! (Yep, definitely something in my throat is swollen, I'm having a hard time swallowing. Ugh.)

Because of the laryngitis I've been trying not to talk. I did really well this morning and barely said a dozen words. It was funny becuase even that little bit of self-imposed muteness was off-putting to some people. I was going to go out to eat with one of the guys from work and he said, "This really isn't going to be a very fun lunch since you can't talk. Let's just grab something and come back." It made me feel a little odd. Like I was being left out of something because I couldn't talk. It was also odd to see how incapable some people are of changing the way they talk to me. By that I mean, most people continued to talk to me normally; very open-ended questions that I had no hope of being able to answer easily. While others quickly figured out that they should only ask yes/no questions.

Anyway, the second half of the day I had a long meeting -- one on one -- so I had to talk and that really blew the whole plan, because then I talked for most of the afternoon and evening.

Shortly after the meeting is when I started to feel sick -- I don't think there's a connection -- so I called for the appointment.

This evening I cancelled the game I was supposed to run and instead had dinner with my boss and one of the other designers. We talked about some good stuff that my boss seemed interested in pursuing.

I'm really tired, so I think I'm going to go to bed. Oh, but if you haven't read the post I made earlier today (immediately below) go do it now. It's very cool. One more thing, I still haven't heard from Cyndi. Bummer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home