Wednesday, February 26, 2003

My illness: Now entering it's second week!

I went to the doctor this morning and it was kind of funny, because he couldn't just come right out and say, "I'm stumped. I have no clue as to what you have." Instead he asked some questions, made some notes and then said, I don't have strep, but obviously something is giving me swollen glands, so he wrote me a prescription for amoxicillin and some more (and stronger) cough medicine. I can tell the amoxicillin is already kicking whatever I have out of my system because the swelling went down very quickly today. Hopefully I'll be back up to speed very soon.

Otherwise things are okay. I missed half the day because of the doctor and the second half of the day was spent in a long meeting discussing new products for 2004. It was very interesting and it looks like we have some great things to propose to upper management.

My Saturday gaming group officially self-destructed today as two of the guys backed out spontaneously. I don't mind too much, because the games just weren't clicking like I wanted them to. I'll see about hooking up with some of those guys again because I like most of them a lot. The game just didn't work out.

No gym until I'm feeling a bit better. I just don't think it's a good idea to push myself, even though I feel like a slacker for not going.

Still no call from Cyndi, but she said she'd call "sometime next week", so I figure if I haven't heard from her by Sunday that I've been blown off and I'll get in touch with her to see what happened. That would be too bad, because we really seemed to get along well. Who knows, maybe she's just too busy -- and it's not like I'd have been able to do anything in the last week anyway with my cold.

Bed now. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home