Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I don't think I'll get a chance to update for the next few days because I'm heading to Wizard World Texas for a few days.

I'm sitting here trying to think of something to say and I really have nothing. I've been working every hour of the day that I'm not sleeping -- and last night I got about five and a half hours of sleep, so it's not like I'm sleeping a lot. All of this work is caused by the fact that I'm going away this weekend. If I weren't, I'd still have a few days to do all the things that I have to wrap up before I leave. Sure, some of it's fun, but it's still a lot of work.

I was rightfully worried about getting a ticket home for the holidays. When I called to check on prices today they were simply ridiculous. My mom found some better prices, so she's going to get the ticket through her sources. I'm not sure how long I'll be staying in Wisconsin when I go back. I'd like to stay for two weeks as I have every time I've gone home since I moved out here, but I hate having to stay on people's floors and imposing on them. Anyway, I may only be back for the week of Christmas, plus maybe a couple of days.

I hate to cut the visit back home short, because it feels like I'm setting a precedent. I don't know if I actually am, but it feel like it. I wish I could get back more often. I still miss everyone.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to clear out of here "early" so I can clean up my apartment and do some laundry before the trip. I have no clue how successful I'll be.

Just for fun, I checked out Stephen Hawking's site earlier. What an incredibly bright guy. I picked up one of his books a while ago and I really need to read it. If you get a chance, check out the pictures of Stephen Hawking and Jim Carey having a picnic. The scientist and the comedian. Quite an odd couple.

I'll update when I get the chance. Now, I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home