Tuesday, April 06, 2004

I haven't been going to the gym, but I've taken four or five walks in the past week or so. That's definitely a good thing. I really need to get a scale, too. I only ever weighed myself at the gym . . . and since I haven't been going I haven't weighed myself. I'm kinda curious.

I mention the above, because I just returned from a walk around Bellevue. It's funny the different muscles you start to feel when you exercise in ways you haven't in the past. Wow are my shins tight.

I had a really weird dream early this morning and it woke me up and then I couldn't go back to sleep. Actually, it wasn't a weird dream, it was a disturbing dream. Damn it. I wasn't going to write about it here, but now I feel like I have to explain.

Briefly, in my dream: I had an office in a large warehour/parking garage-type building. Walk in a side door and there's a wooden floor on about a 25 degree angle (up) and it just ends suddenly about 8-10 feet into the room. Then it drops down into nothing. Across the way it looks like a parking ramp or empty storage. Also on the oddly-angled floor is a staircase that leads to an office. Up the stairs is where these college kids run a guided ski trip tour, sort of thing. My office is through a door under the wooden stairs leading up to their office. There's no railing at the edge of the floor, so I always walk along the staircase. Today, I do the same, but there's someone standing outside my door who says, "Oh sorry, there's someone changing in there." I know they're going on a tour with the college kids. No problem. The door opens a second later and a little girl (maybe 6 or 7) in a long, pink nightshirt steps out and looks up at me. She moves around, still looking at me, and takes a step -- foot clearly searching for the step that must be there -- and falls off the edge of the wooden floor. I can't reach her and see her fall. About three floors down she realizes she's falling and starts to scream, then she falls past the light coming through the windows and disappears into the darkness.

And I wake up. See. Creepy and disturbing, but not in a conventional sense.

Anybody got an explanation for that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home