Sunday, June 20, 2004

After I posted on Thursday evening we were blessed with an honest-to-goodness thunderstorm!

Anyone who's lived in the Midwest and the East will know what a thunderstorm is, so I don't need to explain it, but what I have to explain is that although it rains (I use the word loosely) in Seattle often, it rarely ever reaches the point that I'd actually call real rain. Let alone a thunderstorm.

It was great. When I was driving home it looked all dark and there was actually some lightning way off in the distance (lightning, I should point out, is also very rare here). I figured it would blow away and nothing would come of it, but happily it actually started to blow and rain and lightning and thunder.

It was the lead story on the news. That tells you how rare actual thunderstorms are out here. All of us from the Midwest were gushing over how cool the storm was the next day and the Seattlites were a little weirded out by it. They couldn't imagine having storms like that regularly. Oh, it was great.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was nice and relaxing -- which is nice because I'm working all of next weekend. Friday night I went out with a bunch of people from work to a bar in the University district. I can't remember the name of it, otherwise I'd post a link. We ate, drank, played darts, and had a good time.

Saturday I slept, went to get comics with Shane and Seth, then wandered around downtown for a while. I can back home for a while to do laundry, then went back downtown to meet up with Seth, Shane, another Shane, Ethan, and Hays to see The Chronicles of Riddick. It was fun, but not something I'll pick up, and really, I should have gone to a matinee to see it anyway.

Sunday I did lots of laundry -- see I had a bunch left over from last weekend because I didn't actually get to do any while Brian was here -- and watched lots of the sixth season of Buffy. I think this season stands out as being the most melodramatic so far. Like the writers are more interested in having there be as much conflict as possible in the shortest period of time and it's a little annoying. Things don't have to be over dramatic to be dramatic. I dunno, maybe I'm being too harsh, but it seems like they didn't have a good idea of where they were going, so they made the whole series a bit overwrought.

I ran into work to do some proofing on the latest set. It's so much easier to proof when no one is around to bother you. I can't beleive how much easier it is. While I was there I called Dad to wish him a happy Father's Day, grabbed some dinner with Seth, and played City of Heroes with Chris, Jim, and Kerry for a couple of hours. With Chris' help I was able to gain two levels! Woohoo! (Okay, it was cool for me.)

Now I'm home and I'm going to read a bit before going to bed. I only have a couple of days at work before I take off for Origins in Columbus. That means I may not do much updating late in the week and next weekend, just so you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home