Tuesday, June 22, 2004

On the administrative side of my job I have a big project to do that I have a hard time wrapping my brain around. Mostly it's just that I haven't had to do much project planning and resource management stuff -- but it's becoming more and more important, so I really need to do me some learnin' on it. I'm sure I can handle it, it's just a very different way of thinking -- one that I'm not used to.

Seth and I went for a nice, long walk around town after work this evening. We didn't have any destination in mind, other than to find some dinner. We managed to do that as well as stop by the local Border's. I picked up Steven Brust's the Phoenix Guard and George R.R. Martin's A Clash of Kings. I figure I'll finish the first book of Martin's series on the trip to Origins, so I wanted to have something to start once I finish that. I don't think I'll jump right into the next book of the series, but it'll be good to have it around.

Tuesday I get to gather information for the convention and get ready to leave. The show should be fun, but they're always work. I hope there are some goodies to find while I'm there. I haven't been keeping up on new releases as much as I could.

1 Comments:

At June 22, 2004 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jon,
The Phoenix Guard is absolutely great! Brust is a great writer and those books simply come out too infrequently!!!!

Have fun at the con!

-Kevin R-R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home