Sunday, July 11, 2004

Friday night watching Super Troopers with Seth, I started to get really tired and my throat felt funny. The feeling persisted once I was in bed and it felt like I needed to swallow whatever was caught in there, but couldn't. Eventually I fell asleep.

I felt better Saturday morning and went to pick up comics. The 520 bridge was closed to we had to take I-90. It was a bit slower than normal, but still reasonable. In the afternoon I did laundry, then grabbed a quick dinner and bought some birthday gifts for Katie and Beth because that evening was their combined birthday party. This was another theme party, this time it was a jumpsuit party. Everyone who'd known about the party ahead of time actually showed up in jumpsuits, so that was pretty cool. I'll post a picture once I have them.

The party was good, but throughout the day I could feel my throat acting up -- and a fever rising -- so I didn't drink at all and left fairly early so as to avoid getting sicker. I can tell this is my irregularly-returning "strep" throat thing (I don't know if it's really strep, but it sucks like it) and I'd like to actually fight it off myself rather than getting more amoxycillin (sp?). Because of the throat thing, I slept poorly Saturday night. It never felt like I was sleeping very deeply so I didn't wake up feeling rested.

Sunday I went to work for a while, then went to see Anchorman with Shana, Liz, and Madalyn. It was very, very funny. I don't say it often about silly comedies, but I'd see this in the theatre again -- and I may actualy have to buy it on DVD. I enjoyed it a lot.

After that I played City of Heroes for a while and now I'm going to read some comics before collapsing into bed.

Sometime soon I'm going to go through all of my books and sell some off. I just have too many gaming books that I never use or even look through. I may as well get a little cash out of them, right?

Hmm, the other thing I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do for my birthday. I've never been out here for my actualy birthday, but this year I will be and I want to arrange some sort of get-together with everyone. My place is a little small, though, so I don't know what I'll do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home