Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Gifts and that "Blah" Feeling

I arrived home from work tonight to find a package on the front step from Becca and Doug. She'd called yesterday to tell me to expect it because there had been some issue about delivering it. I was happy to scoop it up, take it inside, and open it up. I was surprised to see a book that I'd looked at a couple of weeks ago and considered picking up. I should trust Becca to have good taste -- and to know my tastes. The book is Mark Haddon's the curious incident of the dog in the night-time. It looks like it will be an interesting read.

I could have stuck around at work tonight and done some things, but really, none of it needs to be done tomorrow, so there was no reason to stay. Unfortunately, that left me with nothing to do for the evening so I was feeling kind of "blah" -- y'know, just nothing that I really had to do, nothing that I felt particularly interested in doing for the night. I thought about seeing a movie, or reading, but I decided to go get a haircut and then do some shopping so I could make some dinner at home. So, that's what I did. Dinner was actually pretty darn good. It was a mish-mash of browned beef with spices, salsa, and cheese.

I feel like the last paragraph is some of the worst writing I've ever done. Just so you know.

Tuesday evening I and a couple of others at work played in a game of Savage Worlds that Jim ran. It was fun, but I was sharply aware that one of the players was simply just not interested in playing. That made it hard to really have fun. The game itself actually reminded me of some of the games I've run in the past, so it was fun to be on the other side of the table for it.

Now I'm going to go to bed, I have a ton of work to do tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At August 15, 2004 11:57 AM, Blogger Matt Wilson said...

Suggestion: Chop up a fresh green pepper into that meal you described. Green peppers are cheap, and they add some low-cal bulk to the meal. And the crunch is kind of nice as well.

I've made something similar to what you're describing, in the heat of my low-carb days. It's sort of like a bowl of taco ingredients all mixed together, but without the shells.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home