Monday, February 20, 2006

Cool Bits

Thursday I had a nice pizza dinner with Seth, Kevin, and Kim. We hadn't hung out for a while, so it was nice to get together again. As dinner was finishing up Julia called and we met at my place, where we watched some television and relaxed for a bit. That was a nice surprise for both of us because we weren't planning to see each other that night.

Friday after work we pretty much did more of the same, though for the life of me I can't remember exactly what it was. That's very weird. If I remember I'll clue you in.

Saturday we went for a good meal at Lola again. That place is great. Afterwards we met Seth for comics at Zanadu and headed home. As soon as we got back Julia went to her place for the afternoon because we both had things we wanted to take care of. I spent the afternoon working on my outlines and stories for the writing group and Julia read some new books she'd picked up. That evening we got back together, picked up some burgers from Dick's in Wallingford -- it was out of the way, but it was a nice drive -- then finished watching the Battlestar Galactica miniseries. It was good.

Sunday we played poker at a friend's place in the afternoon -- in which we both did pretty damn well, I have to say -- then we decided to go to Half-Price Books to look around and to the B&O for dinner, which was a great choice. Afterwards we drove to Shana's and hung out with her for a while before she ran us on a wild goose chase to find donuts at a mythical Krispy Kreme that she beleived was open 24-hours.

Monday we both had off due to Presidents Day (should that be apostrophe'ed?) so we had some yummy Indian food for lunch, did some shopping around Greenwood and Ballard (I picked up the new Ars Magica book, Covenants, I beleive), then came back to my place so I could read through everything for the writing group while Julia read. Around seven o'clock I met Seth and Jason for the writing group. I'll write more about that later, but it was good.

In addition to all this fun, I also found a couple of things on the Wizards of the Coast site that some of you might enjoy. I don't know how I hadn't heard that these existed sooner, but for your pleasure I present, White Plume Mountain and The Tomb of Horrors, both redone for the new edition. Pretty cool.

More later!

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2006 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Logically, it should be Presidents' Day, since it celebrates the birth of Presidents Washington and Lincoln. (My pocket calendar agrees.)

I should note, however, that MS Outlook maintains its reputation for sloppy thinking by referring to the holiday as "President's Day". (I guess in Microsoft's thinking they duel it out to see who gets to be celebrated that year.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home