Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentine's Eve

It's the day before Valentine's Day and I have some time to update, so I'm taking advantage of it!

I looked at Nothing Good... yesterday and realized it had been a week since I last updated. That was a little hard to beleive because I felt like I just updated a couple of days ago. That was a very strange feeling. I guess I've been busy. What have I been up to?

Last Tuesday night Seth ran his newDC Heroes game. That went very well. A number of us changed characters from the last time we played. That was definitely a good thing. All the characters (especially mine) was much more of a team player and it looks like we'll have a pretty good game as a result. In addition, Seth changed things slightly so that we're actually recognized as heroes by the police and citizenry. That's definitely a good thing. I'm really looking forward to playing more.

Thursday night Julia and I went with Seth, Shana, Buggy, and Javier to see a show at the Crocodile Cafe in Belltown. It was a show featuring a number of bands doing interpretations of the Magnetic Fields' 1999 three-CD release, 69 Love Songs. It was sold out, packed, and a mite uncomfortable, but the bands were good and we all had a good time -- even though some of us felt a little old and realized that we might be past the whole club scene. (Was I ever into the club scene?)

Friday Julia and I both had off and we had a nice three-day weekend. We didn't make any plans with anyone ahead of time because we wanted to relax and only do what we were both interested in. Plus, this was our Valentine's Weekend so we wanted to have enough time just to appreciate each other. Over the course of the weekend we did some shopping, had some great meals (including another great brunch at Lola), sat around and read, watched some television, went to see The Matador (loud link) and The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, and had a good time just hanging out and talking. It was a good first Valentine's Day together.

Now I'm sitting down to make some more notes on my story ideas. Jason, Seth, and I rescheduled for Thursday night, so I'd like to have a bit more for them to mull over for me. It's been nice to take a break from these for a while, but I'm really looking forward to working on them again, so I'm going to do that now.

Oh, check out my friend Kian Chai's new Website. It's fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home