Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Music, Writing, and More

Via one of the many podcasts I listen to on a regular basis (this one was NPR's Pop Culture podcast) I was clued into Wolfgang's Vault. It includes a fantastic array of older music and memoribilia. Click through the many tabs and pages and you'll find an amazing collection of goodies. On the landing page you'll find a number of streaming concerts that are worth checking out. The collection belonged to concert promoter Bill Graham. He recorded thousands of concerts over the years and now you can listen to a lot of them online. No downloading just yet, but the streaming stuff is still pretty cool.

Seth, Jason, and I have rescheduled the first meeting of our writer's group for Monday. I still have a lot of things to work out for all of my stories, but I'm excited to get something to Seth and Jason to review. I'm sure I'll benefit from whatever input they provide me -- even if they only act as sounding boards for me. Mostly I just need to get my mind into a creative writing space. It hasn't been there for so long that I'm having a hard time changing grears, but I'm definitely headed that way and I'm excited to start working on something (or three) in earnest.

I talked to my mom on Valentine's Day and I was saddened to hear that her good friend JoAnn died last week from cancer. Mom and Dad went to the funeral over the weekend. It's weird for me to know that she's gone, but she was a pretty constant friend to my mom since 1976 (if I'm remembering what Mom said correctly), so I know she had a hard time with it. I just want Mom to know I know how she's feeling.

I have to be to work early tomorrow, so it's time for beddy-bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home