Sunday, March 19, 2006

Forever

Yes, I know, it's been weeks since I last posted, but I was in Vegas at the GAMA Trade Show and my computer wouldn't work correctly, so I wasn't able to keep up with email or posting. Sorry about that.

Julia and I spent last weekend together in Vegas. We had a good time, mostly just hanging around the hotel, although we made a couple of trips to the strip, including one evening at the Bellagio to see O. It was pretty damn good and I'm glad I went to see it. It's amazing that adding something as simple as a new way to enter and exit the stage can have such an amazing effect on a show. If you're headed to Vegas, I definitely recommend it. Plus, it has some clowns, so it's gotta be good, right?

The rest of the week was pretty taxing because a number of people who were there to work ended up getting a nasty cold (from which I was thankfully spared), so there were only a couple of us at the booth at any given time. I was able to have some good meetings, though, and they went very well. I'm hoping everything I talked about comes to pass, it would be very cool. I even came up with an interesting idea that I'll have to talk to my boss about. Oh, and I played in a 55 person poker tournament on Monday and finished in the top five, so I won a pretty good amount of money considering my $37 buy in. I was happy.

Shane gave me a copy of the new Deadlands: Reloaded and it's very good. I'm a fan of Savage Worlds, so this is a great addition to the line. I'm looking forward to running it soon.

I'm usually pretty zombie-like after I return from a show, and this one was no different. I think I was recovered by Sunday, but Friday and Saturday were pretty sore days. That and a basic dislike of my weight has made me decide to get back in shape starting tomorrow. I'll let you know how that goes.

Netflix is working out well. Julia and I watched Pecker and Like Water for Chocolate this weekend as well as a couple of movies before I left. It's nice to be able to see movies I've been interested in for a long time, but I know I'd never buy and would probably never bother renting.

Anyway, tomorrow is a new week of work and I'll have plenty of emails to catch up on. Talk to you soon.

3 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 5:36 AM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Double posting will not get the grudge police to forgive you for this massive information drought!

5th outta 55? That's pretty swank! Do you have your special sunglasses for the table now that you're the latest poker sensation to come out of Wisconsin?

I'm guessing O isn't about what I thought it was originally since there's clowns involved . . .. .

Welcome back, BTW.

 
At March 20, 2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Jon said...

Thanks, Kev!

The double-post is fixed. Bloger was acting up last night when I posted.

 
At March 20, 2006 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JON, how many times do I have to remind you: CLOWNS ARE SATAN'S MINIONS. THEY CAN ONLY DO EVIL.

What in the hell is "O"?

We watched Spirited Away again last week. I LOVE that movie - I think it is my favorite Japanese movie, and that's saying something. You should watch it with Julia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home