Monday, March 06, 2006

Three

Three, that's how many comics I bought on Saturday. I stuck to my list and managed to spend about $30 less than I normally would have at the comic shop. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Oh, I wanted to mention that I didn't update for the last couple of days because Blogger wouldn't allow me access for some reason. I'm sure it's just a glitch, but I thought I'd explain.

Friday night Julia and I went to a surprise party at Shana's for Dustin. It was a nice, reasonably-sized group of people and we had a good time chatting with others. It was a nice time. Much better than either of us expected to have, actually.

Saturday I met up with Chris Pramas and Rick along with Matt, Seth, and Jason down at the Science Fiction museum to check out the Battlestar Galactica demo tour kickoff. That seemed to be going very well and after some of the others checked out the game we went and played History of the World for the rest of the day. It's definitely one of my favorite world-conquest games and we had a good time -- although playing with six players means lots of time between your turns, which wasn't quite as fun. Anyway, I'd love to try and set up gaming days like this every now and again, so I hope we can all coordinate that every now and again.

Sunday, Julia and I went to a small gem and jewelry show at Seattle Center. It was interesting to see the show. It reminded me of a small gaming convention in a lot of ways, especially with regards to how passionate people are about their hobbies and how fun it is to find good deals. Due to a bag that accidently was left behind, we had to go back downtown after we'd returned home, but happily the bag was found and Julia was able to pick it up after a little running around.

Afterward we hooked up a new TV that we'd picked up from a co-worker's earlier in the day and watched the Academy Awards. . . well, the Awards were on, but I was working on a D&D character and she was putting together some jewelry. It was a fun day and it was fun to see Julia in her element.

Last night I woke up at 3:00am and had a little panic attack regarding money. One of those stray thoughts that happen when you're half asleep coasted through my brain, freaked me out, and I couldn't stop thinking about my finances, so I got up, made out a list of where my money goes every month and discovered that I'm running a deficit every month due to the amount I spend going out to eat. That's no good, so I'm going to try to reign that in quite a bit. Sure, it's not as fun, but it's really a detriment right now, so it has to stop. Plus, I'd like to be able to save up to do some really fun things with my girl. That's not going to happen as it is.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home