Monday, August 26, 2002

As I thought I might do, I did, in fact, go buy a new CD walkman. It's a Sony S2. About $100 at Circuit City. I hate to give them money because they're so damn annoying, but the Best Buy in town hasn't opened yet. I took a little side trip on Sunday and found where the new store will be -- right on my way to/from work. Woohoo! It looks about ready to open. I'm very excited.

I also hooked up the T.V. I'm borrowing and started watching UHF. For some reason the sound isn't coming through in stereo. I have to figure that out. It's annoying to have sound only coming from half of the speakers.

Over the weekend I did more birdsitting, went to the gym, and played Champions with some friends. As soon as I'm done updating the blog I'm headed to the gym for the 400th time since June 27th of 2000. Wow. I don't think I ever beleived I'd go to the gym that many times in my life if you'd have asked me a few years ago. I can't say I'm unhappy about it, but that certainly seems like a large number.

Thinking about it, I probably shouldn't mention these milestones. They're good for me to recognize and celebrate, but they're probably daunting to people who read this and say, "Y'know, I should really go to the gym." But, really, I started out going once and it built from there. Like sheets of paper, grains of sand, or molecules; you get enough of them together in one place and they seem larger than their individual parts. Lao Tzu; the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. I've been thinking about how little things add up over the past year and I try to remember that every little bit counts. It's a good motivator for me, whether I'm thinking about skipping a day at the gym or snacking on some little chocolate bars -- or whatever -- I remind myself that everything, so matter how small, has an effect on my life. It helps keep me honest with myself.

I have to go to the gym now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home