Friday, August 23, 2002

I really like nectarines and I have my mom and Kim to thank for it. When I was back in Wisconsin my mom picked up some nectarines for me, but I didn't eat them (and nearly forgot to take them when I went to Madison). One day Kim asked if she could have one and I didn't care -- but then she gave me a bite and damn was it tasty! Anyway, I picked up a couple this week from the store and have been enjoying them a lot. Yum! Thanks guys!

Sometimes the crap I write about here amazes me. Oh, well.

This google search that hit my site was pretty funny. I'd ask, "Why would you search for such a thing?" but then I'd have to face the fact that my site was one of the ones that this seach keyed in on and I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

I have tons of reference material for work now that my mom sent out all the books I'd pulled out of my collection. I'm very pleased about that and I'm sure they'll come in very handy...they already have, actually.

This weekend I'm watching the bird of one of the women at work. She's at a wedding and I'll be going to her place in the evenings to keep the little whistler happy. I think he's a small cockatiel. Very cute. He likes to sing.

I still haven't hooked up the T.V. I'm borrowing from a couple of the people from work, but it's sitting in my living room. I just have to find the time to take my old one out and put this one in. I may go pick up a new CD walkman with my birthday money. My old one is acting up and it's ticking me off -- especially at the gym.

I've lept/leapt/leaped (?) right back into going to the gym. I went Monday and Wednesday and I'll be going again in a little while tonight. That's very good considering I hadn't gone for over two weeks. That's the longest break since the two weeks before I moved here and the two weeks after I moved here. I'm glad I've cultivated that habit.

I was thinking the other day at the gym and realized that life is equal parts pursuing what you want and accepting what you need. You can't really get anywhere satisfying without both of them working properly together.

That's about all for now, but I'm pretty excited to play Champions tomorrow with some friends. I love that game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home