Sunday, December 08, 2002

First off: Congrats to Kevin and Aimee on the birth of their second son, Quinn. Woohoo! A new member of the clan! I'm sure there are many restful days ahead for the whole family.

No posts in the second half of the week last week due to work, the gym, and a visiting Briton. Quick recap; Thursday night I playtested, then went to the mall with Heather. That's never exciting, but it's nice to get out of the office and do things that normal people do every now and again. We shopped, had a quick burger at Red Robin and came back to work for a bit. Friday was work and then a long evening out to dinner at Cactus with one of our distributors and a bunch of people from work. I wasn't in much of a mood to go out, but I didn't discover that until after dinner when we all headed down to a bar. The Capitol Club, yes, that was it. It's a neat bar, I saw a very cute girl across the room -- very librarian-looking. No, I didn't talk to her, you know me better than to ask such a silly question. The night went on, I wasn't really into it and just kind of sat there. Talked some, but wasn't my usual bubbly self. I was happy to go home.

Oh, here's a thing about me. I don't like being called a liar. As I was writing the paragraph above I was trying to think of why I'd gotten into a bad mood and I remembered that Heather "called bullsh*t" (as she so eloquently put it) on a story I told about the first time I was drunk. I won't go into it here, but I told the story and she's says, "No, no. I call bullsh*t. You didn't do that!"

Uh-huh. Right. And why would I lie? And more importantly, why would I ever want to talk to you again? Grrrr, that crap really gets me angry.

Saturday I went to the gym, took a quick shower and was ready just in time for the four guys to show up for our Saturday game. Kevin ran the first of his "X-Men: Year One" game using the Silver Age Sentinels system. It was a lot of fun. After that wrapped up I got ready for the company Christmas, er, Holiday Party. Once I was all dudded up I walked to the new offices so I could see how long a walk it will be. It clocked in at about 25 minutes and I was going at a pretty good clip. If I decide to walk to work once we move I'll have to give myself about a half hour to get there. I really want to do that. It's a great way to add some workout time to my daily routine and cut down on time at the gym. It should work out well.

The party was good. They'd hired a "dinner theatre" group to act out a murder mystery for us. It was very over-the-top, but pretty funny at times. One of the actresses was absolutely gorgeous and the half-dozen single men in the company were very attentive. Dinner was excellent and we all had a good time picking out White Elephant gifts -- some of which were pretty, darn nice. One couple got a complete Playstation (PSX) and some new games, while others received a riding crop, a book on fart jokes, and other such classy novelties. I started out with a bag of Elizabeth Arden makeup, which I traded for a Bob Uecker bobbing head doll, which I traded for a personal fan, which I traded for a harmonica and a book on playing one. Woohoo! Finally, something good! I kept the harmonica and played it all day Sunday. After the party a handful of us went to a local bar and played pool, but the bar was boring so we took off after a short while.

Wow, this is a long post.

Sunday I slept in, went to the gym, oh, played the harmonica! Watched a movie, went for sushi, posted this, and now I'm going home to read some more of Innumeracy or The Lord of the Rings or maybe some comics.

Hmmm, it's the 8th tomorrow and I have only two weeks to get a lot of work done before the holidays. Yikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home