Sunday, December 15, 2002

Friday was the (now annual) Holiday Party thrown by my old boss. It was okay, but nothing special. I bailed after a couple of hours of tasty treats and wine to hit the gym. Saturday was filled the more gym, a little roleplaying (Silver Age Sentinels), a bunch of reading, a short nap (much to my chagrin), and then dinner and a viewing of Star Trek: Nemesis.

First comment; I don't like naps. I mean, this is the guy that hates to sleep, naps are anathema to me. Unfortunately I couldn't keep my eyes open while reading on Saturday, so I ended up napping. Yuck. Naps always put me in a bad mood. They depress my system and I'm always foul (mood, not smelling...I think) afterwards.

Second comment; Star Trek: Nemesis was good. It was a perfectly okay little film and some neat things happened, but it's very, very much like a retelling of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Like a scary-similar retelling. In this case Data takes the place of Spock and Shin Zan takes the place of Khan. Otherwise, very similar.

As I said before, I'm looking forward to going home next weekend. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to fill two weeks of time visiting people, but I'm sure between my friends and family I'll have plenty to do. I've done zero, zilch, nada, no Christmas shopping whatsoever, so I'm going to have to do some hunting around when I return. I'll probably head up to Madison on Sunday to get some shopping done and visit Rob and Becca before they take off for the holidays.

Um, Seth? Can I sleep on your couch? I know you just got that slacker, Tritz -- I'm sorry -- Dr. Tritz off of it, but I haven't even thought about that before now. Hmm, maybe Kim's an option, too.

Time to relax before bed. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home